The journal »Gynaecologia et Perinatologia« publishes papers from gynecology and perinatology, as well as those from borderline fields (pediatrics, biology, genetics, oncology, and the like). Authors should submit their manuscript as Microsoft Word (.doc) file following strictly specified layout of manuscript structural elements as outlined below.
Main manuscript file should be carefully checked for all needed structural elements. Do not add any additional elements or data in your main manuscript file except the ones specified in guidelines. Do not break your main manuscript file in more files.
When preparing manuscript file for NEW submission authors should make sure that their manuscript DOES NOT contain names of authors, their affiliations, addresses, acknowledgement and similar information that would reveal identity of authors to the reviewers. All submissions that fail to comply with this request will be rejected without consideration.
Type the whole manuscript double-spaced, maximum 30 lines on one page. Original papers and reviews should not have more than 15 pages, including supplements (appendices); other papers or contributions not more than about 8 pages.
Apart from chapter titles and subtitles avoid any kind of formatting (bold, underline) in the main text of the manuscript or table contents.
Overview of manuscript structure for new submission.
1. Title - The Title of the article should be typed in Croatian and English
2. Type of publication (original research papers, preliminary announcements, reviews, professional articles, case reports, methods of treatment, medical history presentations, retrospective notes, letters to the Editor, book reviews, reports on the major scientific and professional meetings, and news).
3. Abstract - The abstract should provide the context or background for the study and should state the study’s purposes, basic procedures (selection of study subjects or laboratory animals, observational and analytical methods), main findings (giving specific effect sizes and their statistical significance, if possible), and principal conclusions. It should emphasize new and important aspects of the study or observations. It must have headings such as:
Introduction, Aim, Methods, Results, Discussion and Conclusion. It should not be written in more than 250 words.
4. Key words - Authors should provide key words or short phrases that capture the main topics of the article.
Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) must be used.
5. Chapters of the manuscript:
Introduction provides a context or background for the study. It states the specific purpose or research objective.
Only strictly pertinent references should be given without data or conclusions from the work being reported.
5.2. Materials and Methods:
The Materials and Methods section should include only information that was available at the time the plan or protocol for the study was written. Describe statistical methods with enough detail to enable a knowledgeable reader with access to the original data to verify the reported results.
Present your results in logical sequence in the text, tables, and illustrations, giving the main or most important findings first. Do not repeat in the text all the data in the tables or illustrations; emphasize or summarize only important observations. Restrict tables and figures to those needed to explain the argument of the paper and to assess its support. Use graphs as an alternative to tables with many entries and do not duplicate data in graphs and tables.
5.4. Discussion and Conclusion:
Emphasize the new and important aspects of the study and the conclusions that follow from them. Do not repeat in detail data or other material given in the Introduction or the Results section.
Link the conclusions with the goals of the study but avoid unqualified statements and conclusions not adequately supported by the data. Authors can also separate Conclusion chapter from Discussion.
References should be numbered consecutively in the order in which they are mentioned in the text. The ICMJE guidelines must be used (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/bsd/uniform_requirements.html).
7. Naslov na hrvatskom (title in Croatian, only for Croatian authors)
8. Sažetak na hrvatskom, strukturirani, do 700 riječi (abstract in Croatian, only for Croatian authors - no more than 700 words)
9. Tables and figures with titles submitted at the end od file (if applicable)
Tables with headings and footnotes should be put each on a separate page. As for figures, pictures, graphs and other graphics, they all, if possible, should be included in the main manuscript file, each on a separate page with appropriate heading below.
Printing in color:
If your manuscript contains pictures in color, note that printing in color is extra charged.
It is preferred that submitted address of corresponding author is institutional and not private.
A statement that the paper has not been published as yet should be enclosed with the manuscript.
Manuscripts are not returned to the authors. Each article is reviewed by at least two reviewers within 30 days.